China / Society

Food poisoning sickens 103 in SW China

(Xinhua) Updated: 2015-03-28 10:47

KUNMING - A total of 103 people at a village in southwest China's Yunnan Province got sick due to food poisoning after attending a wedding feast, local authorities said Saturday.

The patients suffered from stomach pains, diarrhea and nausea after attending a wedding feast on Thursday at Tanghai Village, Lufeng County, according to the information office of Chuxiong Yi Autonomous Prefecture, which administers Lufeng.

As of Friday night, 103 people went to hospitals for treatment and 20 of them were hospitalized.

Initial investigations suggest they have contracted a bacterial food poisoning.

All affected people are in stable condition, according to the office.

Hot Topics