Chinese FM holds talks with EU foreign policy chief
BEIJING - Chinese Foreign Minister Wang Yi held talks with Catherine Ashton, High Representative of the European Union (EU) for Foreign Affairs and Security Policy, on Saturday.
China supports European integration, Wang said, noting that the government is committed to deepening the comprehensive strategic partnership between China and the EU.
Focusing on promoting green growth and maintaining global security, the EU would like to increase cooperation in various fields with China, said Ashton, who is also Vice President of the European Commission.
Both sides agreed to handle differences and disagreements through consultation, and formulate mid-and-long term cooperation plans.
The two sides also exchanged views on international and regional issues of common concern.
- China calls for improved TB prevention, treatment
- Chinese Vice Premier confident in China's economy
- Corrupt Chinese fugitive repatriated from Zimbabwe
- Xinjiang starts key highway renovation projects
- Date with flowers in Nyingchi