Chinese Antarctic team returns to N Hemisphere
ON BOARD XUELONG SHIP - Xuelong, the Chinese research vessel involved in an Antarctic expedition, crossed the equator and returned to the Northern Hemisphere on Sunday.
The Xuelong, or "Snow Dragon," has so far sailed over 26,000 nautical miles, and is scheduled to anchor at Shanghai port on April 9.
The icebreaker embarked on its expedition on November 5 last year. The journey is the country's 29th scientific expedition to Antarctica.
- Across China: War against poverty in NW China farmlands
- War against poverty in NW China farmlands
- Hebei aims to become provincial football powerhouse
- Coal mines suspended following fatal blast in Hunan
- TCM manufacturers warn product name crackdown could cost billions