Spring Festival survival tips for foreigners
Editor's note: As Chinese New Year is around the corner, China Daily foreign readers share their tips on how to spend the festival here in China. You're welcome to add your suggestions.
1. Don't travel during the holidays.
"DO NOT travel during the holidays" is one golden rule that I have followed for years, especially during Spring Festival as the traffic is heavy.
Chinese passengers gather at a waiting room in Qingdao city, Shandong province, China, January 16, 2014.[Photo/IC]
- Gifts for spring festival
- Family still the beating heart of Spring Festival
- Beijing expects fireworks sales slump ahead of Spring Festival
- Fire dragon dance performed to welcome Spring Festival in Shandong
- Scenery of lights decoration for Spring Festival in Macao
- Traditional Chinese dresses shine in overseas Spring Festival celebrations
- Spring Festival: The moment migrant worker met son after 24-hour journey