China hopes further economic cooperation with Libya
Updated: 2011-08-24 14:00
BEIJING - China hopes to further promote economic and trade cooperation with Libya, said Shen Danyang, spokesman of the Ministry of Commerce, on Wednesday.
"We hope that Libya will restore stability as soon as possible, and we are willing to play an active role in Libya's reconstruction along with the international community," Shen said at a press conference.
As a long-term constructive player in Libya's economic development, China is involved in 50 projects in Libya which worth $18.8 billion. These projects have been suspended due to rampant war fire there.
More than 35,000 Chinese citizens, mostly employees in the engineering, infrastructure and oil sectors, were evacuated from Libya since February due to the worsening situation.
China hopes for smooth Libya transition 2011-08-24 13:15
China vows to ensure safety of nationals in Libya 2011-08-24 06:15
- Live Report: Gadhafi says withdrawal tactical move
- Tougher penalties for sea pollution
- Moody's cuts Japan rating to Aa3
- 5 detained over toxic waste dumping
- 26 trapped after coal mine floods
- Japan Prime Minister on way out
- Live Report: Gadhafi on the run as rebels fight
- More trains slow to improve safety