Q&A: Will simplified visa process attract more expats?
Editor's note: During the annual sessions, China Daily has collected questions foreign netizens care most about and solicited answers from experts, CPPCC National Committee members and NPC deputies.
I hope the government will simplify the visa application process for those expats who, like me, qualify and want to become an active participant in the development of the Chinese society.
Seneca (from US)
Hu Bengang, counselor of the China State Council
The process can become simple for qualified expats if the companies that recruit many foreigners are provided a designated spot to deal with the application process and are provided direct delivery service.
The designated location can take care of medical examination and approval of expats' physical health checkup, the Bureau of Foreign Experts Affairs can streamline the administration procedure and manage the rest of the steps.
- Expats encouraged to put questions to China's lawmakers
- Further relaxation of green card standards needed for expats in China
- 2016 Story roundup from expats who know China best
- Expats find and create vegan dining options in China
- Moving up the ladder - HK tops expats' choice for career
- Green channel boosts options for expats