Four people under probe for substandard subway cables
XI'AN -- Four people are under investigation for suspected "serious disciplinary violations" following the discovery of substandard subway cables in Xi'an, capital of Northwest China's Shaanxi province, the municipal discipline inspection authorities said on Tuesday.
The four include Zhang Shaobing, director of a construction division under the Xi'an Metro Company Limited, two others with the Xi'an Supervision and Inspection Institute of Product Quality, and one with the Xi'an Construction Safety Supervision Station, according to a statement on the official website of the Xi'an municipal commission for discipline inspection of the Communist Party of China.
A story posted on the Internet claimed subway Line 3 in Xi'an used substandard cables and had safety risks.
Official investigation confirmed the use of problematic cables.
Six quality officials were put under investigation over alleged negligence of duty, the commission said on Thursday.
- C919 passed the last flying review before its maiden flights
- More than 60 pct of Chinese read via WeChat
- Villagers relocated for SW China telescope visit former home
- Experts propose park at China sunken treasure excavation site
- China allows more banks to securitize non-performing assets