China issues white paper on transport development
An aerial photo shows a high-speed train travelling through the countryside in Kaili, Guizhou province, on June 22, 2016. [Photo/Xinhua]
BEIJING - China on Thursday issued a white paper on the country's transport network, reviewing the sector's tremendous changes in past decades and setting goals for its further expansion in coming years.
The white paper, titled "Development of China's Transport," said the sector should quicken its pace of development, and fully play its basic role as a vanguard for completing the building of a moderately prosperous society in all respects in 2020.
By 2020, China will have 30,000 km of high-speed railways, covering 80 percent of big cities, and 30,000 km of newly renovated expressways.
The white paper was issued by the State Council Information Office.
- China to build more high-speed railways in five years: white paper
- China's high-speed rail on fast track in technology innovation and application
- China issues white paper on transport development
- Only 10% theme parks in China make a profit
- 5 ambulances, 24 doctors, 60 staff members transfer 22 newborn babies to new branch