Top legislator to mark Macao law's promulgation
BEIJING - China's top legislator, Wu Bangguo, is scheduled to visit the Macao Special Administrative Region (SAR) from February 20 to 22 to mark the 20th anniversary of the promulgation of the SAR's Basic Law.
Wu, chairman of the Standing Committee of the National People's Congress, will attend commemorative activities at the invitation of the Macao SAR Chief Executive Chui Sai On.
The Basic Law of the Macao SAR, which was promulgated on March 31, 1993 and took effect on December 20, 1999 when the government of the People's Republic of China resumed the exercise of sovereignty over Macao, has been the cornerstone of the SAR's political and legal systems.
- China to punish 36 online games operators for porn, abetment
- China's food prices decrease last week
- China opens new rail lines
- China's labor market: Shrinking workforce, rising wages
- Premier urges global cooperation in health improvement