CPC to hold 18th national congress in 2012
Updated: 2011-10-18 20:12
BEIJING - The Communist Party of China (CPC) will convene its 18th national congress in the second half of 2012 in Beijing, the CPC Central Committee announced after concluding a plenum Tuesday.
The national congress is to be held during a crucial period of the construction of a moderately prosperous society in an all-round way, the deepening of reform and opening up, and the transformation of the pattern of economic development, said a communique issued after the plenum.
It will be of significant importance for the Party to unite and lead all the Chinese people in building a moderately prosperous society in an all-around way, as well as accelerating the nation's modernization drive, the communique said.
- China's GDP growth slows to 9.1% in Q3
- Trade deficit next year 'possible'
- China to inspect coastal oil spill risks
- Mother: the rescuer is a good person
- Wal-Mart replaces top China exec
- Ministry intervenes in Taobao controversy
- Taobao Mall postpones fee hike to ease protests
- Stranded vessels back home