Former VW executive to head GM's global marketingUpdated: 2013-02-26 14:44
Former Volkswagen executive Tim Mahoney has been named head of global marketing operations at General Motors Co, as well as Chief Marketing Officer Global Chevrolet, GM said on Monday.
Mahoney, who had been executive vice president and chief product and marketing officer at VW of America, will report to Alan Batey, GM's interim global chief marketing officer, starting April 1.
Mahoney previously had held marketing posts at Porsche Cars North America and Subaru of America.
At Chevrolet, Mahoney will be responsible for the development and execution of Chevrolet's new global brand communication platform, Find New Roads.
Reporting to Mahoney will be Chris Perry, vice president, US Chevrolet marketing, and Paul Edwards, executive director, global strategic marketing.
- FAW-VW offers fattest year-end bonus
- VW sees record sales in 2012, profits up 2%
- VW putting XL1 plug-in hybrid car into production
- VW to continue DSG strategy in China
- GM turns to AT&T for OnStar wireless service
- GM pledges $7.3b investment in S. Korea unit
- Carmakers pin hopes on British bright spot