Heilongjiang lowers emergency response to flood
Share - WeChat


Northeast China's Heilongjiang province has lowered its flood control emergency response from level II to level III, starting from 8 am on Sunday.
The precipitation brought by Typhoon Khanun has ended, and five rivers have seen water levels falling to below the alarm level, said the provincial government's flood control and drought relief headquarters in a statement released on Sunday morning.
Previously, Typhoon Khanun, the sixth typhoon of this year, caused torrential rains in China's northeastern provinces.
The statement said the emphasis of the authorities' work has shifted from flood control and emergency rescue to disaster relief and reconstruction after disaster.
Related Stories
- Xi, Modi hold fruitful meeting: senior official
- Time to 'thank' friends who told China's story of resistance
- New blue book charts Chinese diplomacy in global affairs
- China's V-Day commemorations are a call for world peace
- China releases fourth list of war memorials, honoring domestic and overseas contributions
- China improves memorial facilities to mark victory against Japanese aggression