State councilor stresses bilateral ties' importance to Tillerson
It serves the common interests of China and the United States as well as the international community to maintain a long-lasting, healthy, stable and developing bilateral relationship, State Councilor Yang Jiechi told visiting US Secretary of State Rex Tillerson on Saturday.
China and the US should properly tackle sensitive issues and respect each other's core interests and major concerns, Yang said.
Also, the two countries should step up communication and coordination on major international and regional issues and contribute more to regional and world peace, stability and prosperity, Yang said.
Tillerson is visiting China on Saturday and Sunday.
Yang said the two sides should make great preparations for the meetings of top leaders of the two countries and exchanges at various levels to make the high-level exchanges successful and fruitful.
Tillerson said that US-China cooperation promotes development of each nation and plays an important role in regional stability and world peace.
Both sides have ensured no conflict or confrontations and have promoted mutually beneficial cooperation, he said.
- Xinjiang to close 117 small coal mines in 2017
- Beijing dismisses reports of THAAD radar, calls for halt in its deployment
- China-Philippine travel booms on improving ties
- Beijing calls distrust the root cause of Korean Peninsula nuclear issue
- Beijing budgets billions of yuan in effort to clean up air