Palace Museum receives 16 mln visitors in 2016
BEIJING -- The number of visitors to the Palace Museum in Beijing for 2016 hit 16 million when an 18-year-old student from Northeast China's Liaoning province bought a ticket on Saturday Morning.
The record number of visitors is an increase of 6.19 percent from 2015.
More than 15 million visitors have visited the museum every year since 2012.
On June 13, the museum began an 80,000 visitor daily cap, preventing extreme peaks in number of visitors.
The museum has also held admission free events, during the low season, from Nov 1 to March 31.
- Blast in public toilet kills one, injures 7 in Shaanxi
- President Xi extends good wishes in New Year speech
- Chinese firefighters awe netizens in 2017 Calendar
- China to release environmental forecasts on three Nansha reefs
- People greet upcoming new year across China