USEUROPEAFRICAASIA 中文双语Français
China
Home / China / Society

Medical student dies after being poisoned

chinadaily.com.cn | Updated: 2013-04-16 10:31

A postgraduate student at Shanghai Fudan University who was poisoned in his dorm was announced dead on Tuesday afternoon.

Huang Yang, 27, in his third year at the medical school, died at 15:23 on Tuesday after failed medical efforts, said the university in a statement.

Huang was poisoned on April 1 and has been in critical condition since, showing symptoms of liver failure.

Police say his roommate surnamed Lin is their top suspect and is questioning him.

Police found toxic compounds in residual water from the water fountain in his dorm on April 11, and questioned his roommate the next day.

The case is still being investigated.

Editor's picks
BACK TO THE TOP
Copyright 1995 - . All rights reserved. The content (including but not limited to text, photo, multimedia information, etc) published in this site belongs to China Daily Information Co (CDIC). Without written authorization from CDIC, such content shall not be republished or used in any form. Note: Browsers with 1024*768 or higher resolution are suggested for this site.
License for publishing multimedia online 0108263

Registration Number: 130349
FOLLOW US