USEUROPEAFRICAASIA 中文双语Français
China
Home / China / Society

E. China building collapse kills 3, buries 5

Xinhua | Updated: 2013-03-22 13:38

HEFEI - Three people were confirmed dead and five others are still buried in debris after an under-construction building collapsed in East China's Anhui province on Thursday, local authorities said on Friday.

The sudden collapse of the fourth floor of the "Shengyuan Plaza" caused the whole building to fall at 8:30 pm on Thursday, burying a total of 14 workers, said a source with the Tongcheng city government.

As of 10 am on Friday, nine people had been pulled out of the debris. Three of them died and six were injured and sent to hospitals. Search and rescue work for the remaining five workers is under way.

The cause of the collapse is being investigated.

Editor's picks
BACK TO THE TOP
Copyright 1995 - . All rights reserved. The content (including but not limited to text, photo, multimedia information, etc) published in this site belongs to China Daily Information Co (CDIC). Without written authorization from CDIC, such content shall not be republished or used in any form. Note: Browsers with 1024*768 or higher resolution are suggested for this site.
License for publishing multimedia online 0108263

Registration Number: 130349
FOLLOW US