Authorities investigating acid leak on bridge
A potentially dangerous chemical leak occurred late on Monday as a tank truck carrying 30 tons of toxic chemicals crossed the Hangzhou Bay Bridge in Zhejiang province, Chinanews.com reported on Tuesday.
The cause of the leak has not been determined. No injuries were reported.
The leak occurred when the truck, which was carrying hydrobromic acid, crossed over the trans-oceanic bridges. The acid can cause severe burns.
A rescue team spent around five hours at the scene diluting the acid, stopping the leak and removing the truck.
The government department in charge is investigation the accident. The owner of the truck said the leak may have been caused by a faulty valve or other malfunction, according to Chinanews.com.
- China stresses probe into chemical leak scandal
- Four dismissed for N China chemical leak
- River runs white after chemical leak
- Villagers evacuated after toxic chemical leak
- Train resumes after chemical leak
- Driver arrested over toxic chemical leak
- Chemical leak sickens 62 in east China
- Three poisoned by chemical leak in E China
- 34 poisoned after chemical leak in south China
- US chemical leak sickens 119 people
- 1,000 evacuated after chemical leak in east China
- Spring Festival to see nearly 3 million trips
- Government needs better understanding of health
- TV series shows interrogation of corrupt officials
- Chinese scientists develop fireproof, waterproof paper
- Fast walking tops popular exercise list