Lei Feng photographer dies of heart attack
Eighty-two-year-old Zhang Jun, a famous military photographer, died of a heart attack when he was introducing Lei Feng spirit at a forum held in Shenyang, Liaoning province, on March 5.
Zhang stayed with Lei for 79 days and took over 200 pictures for Lei during the summer of 1960. Over the past half century, he has devoted his whole life to promoting Lei Feng and his glorious deeds.
Authorities said Zhang published 20,000 photos, organized 320 picture presentations and gave 1,268 public speeches advocating Lei Feng spirit.
- Doctor comforting a 102-year-old patient moves netizens
- China, Sao Tome and Principe resume diplomatic ties
- Chinese passengers among thousands stranded in Japan after snowstorm
- Geothermal energy could help cut emissions
- China's annual political advisory session proposed for March