Gas blast at Beijing baozi shop injures 7
Updated: 2011-12-09 17:17
By Yan Weijue (chinadaily.com.cn)
A gas explosion went off at a steamed filled bun (or baozi) restaurant in Beijing on Friday morning, injuring seven employees inside, Legal Evening News reported.
An explosion at Qing-Feng Steamed Dumpling Shop at Zuyuanxi street in Haidian district in Beijing on Friday morning injured seven employees inside. [Photo/weibo.com]
The blast ripped through the Qing-Feng Steamed Dumpling Shop at Zuyuanxi street in Haidian district about 9:00 am, showering bystanders with debris.
Seven employees who were hurt in the accident were sent to the hospital, but they did not receive life-threatening injuries, according to the newspaper.
No customers were injured by the blast, it added.
Beijing Fire Bureau said on Weibo later that the explosion was triggered by a gas leak in the shop, and police are investigating the case.