Couple finds kidnapped son after 22 years
A couple in Central China's Hubei province kept living in their old building for 22 years and did not change their phone number in the hope of reuniting with their son who went missing more than two decades ago.
On May 2, they received the news they had long been waiting for. On that day, police informed the couple, Li Mingchao and Chen Zhen, in Shiyan that a man's DNA in North China's Hebei province matched with theirs, and their long-lost son Pengpeng had been found.
Pengpeng, born in 1992, went missing on Dec 15, 1996, when his father's colleague surnamed Yang said he would take him to play outside.
"I was working when my colleague Yang handed me a cigarette, and said he wanted to take my son to play outside. I didn't think too much and agreed. Although, I did not know him well," Li Mingchao said as he recalled the scene with regret.
Pengpeng didn't return home that night. And when the couple went to Yang's home, Yang had already run away. Later it was confirmed by the police that the boy had been abducted by Yang. From that moment on, the couple started the journey of finding their son.
- Former Ningxia chairperson prosecuted for bribery
- Chinese court sentences 2 for trafficking precursor chemicals abroad
- Chinese court sentences men in case solved through China-US counter-narcotics cooperation
- Ancient drainage system ensures Zhangbi Castle weathers the storm
- Chinese premier stresses fulfilling full-year development targets
- Carnivorous plant find validates Darwin





























