USEUROPEAFRICAASIA 中文双语Français
Lifestyle
Home / Lifestyle / Food

Chef's mistake leads to N. China's food poisoning

Xinhua | Updated: 2013-04-25 16:37

A chef's mistake of adding pesticide instead of a sauce while cooking has left one person dead and two others in critical condition in north China's Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region.

Police in Baotou City told Xinhua on Thursday that the chef was among the 21 people who fell ill after eating lunch at the construction site of the Beijing-Tibet Expressway expansion project in Baotou on Tuesday.

The pesticide, identified as carbofuran, was found in samples of the food.

Police said evidence shows that the case was a crime of negligence.

The workers are all migrant workers employed by the project contractor, the Inner Mongolia Highway Engineering Co.

 

Chef's mistake leads to N. China's food poisoning

Chef's mistake leads to N. China's food poisoning

Rice sets elegant tone for Japanese meal 

Beijing soup spot lives up to its name 

BACK TO THE TOP
Copyright 1995 - . All rights reserved. The content (including but not limited to text, photo, multimedia information, etc) published in this site belongs to China Daily Information Co (CDIC). Without written authorization from CDIC, such content shall not be republished or used in any form. Note: Browsers with 1024*768 or higher resolution are suggested for this site.
License for publishing multimedia online 0108263

Registration Number: 130349
FOLLOW US