Supermarket fire kills 1, injures 6
SHIJIAZHUANG - One person died and six others injured when a three-story supermarket caught fire early Monday morning in North China's Hebei province, local firefighters said.
Seven workers were in the Zhongxing Supermarket in downtown area when the fire started around 6 am, said firefighters from the city of Tangshan.
No customers were injured in the fire, as it started before the supermarket opened for the day.
Firefighters extinguished the fire by 12:30 pm.
All six of the injured have been taken to a local hospital. Two of them are still receiving emergency treatment.
The cause of the fire is under investigation.
- China to boost investment in rural transport to help poverty reduction
- At least 40 killed in construction equipment collapse in E China
- School for maternity matrons banking on baby boom
- First snow of season blankets many parts of China
- China to embrace commercialized 5G service by 2020