Chinese yuan strengthens to 6.9141 against USD Thursday
BEIJING - The central parity rate of the Chinese currency renminbi, or the yuan, strengthened 94 basis points to 6.9141 against the US dollar Thursday, according to the China Foreign Exchange Trade System.
In China's spot foreign exchange market, the yuan is allowed to rise or fall by 2 percent from the central parity rate each trading day.
The central parity rate of the yuan against the US dollar is based on a weighted average of prices offered by market makers before the opening of the interbank market each business day.
- Chinese yuan weakens to 6.9235 against USD Wednesday
- Chinese yuan strengthens to 6.9234 against USD Tuesday
- Yuan fluctuation no hurdle for Chinese export firms in Gulf countries
- Chinese yuan weakens to 6.9262 against US dollar Monday
- PBOC's yuan stabilization efforts key reason for China's forex reserve fall: SAFE