New cable network set to launch in September
Updated: 2011-08-12 15:35
By Cai Xiao (chinadaily.com.cn)
A new national cable network company that plans to hang out its shingle by September will play an important role in the integration of telecommunications networks, cable TV networks and the Internet, China Securities Journal said.
According to the paper, the company, China Broadcast Network Co, will operate at a vice ministerial level in affiliation with the State-owned Assets Supervision and Administration Commission of the State Council.
The company will be regarded as the fourth operator, after China Mobile, China Unicom and China Telecom.
4G network to cover Games venues 2011-07-22 13:38
Goal for domestic 3G network set at 50m users 2011-06-09 10:54
IPv6 network to link 1,000 universities 2011-04-08 07:55
- New cable network set to launch in September
- China's exports feel the hard pinch
- China Railway cancels $976m private placement
- Crash probe blames faulty design
- Apology urged for oil leak
- Chinese train maker recalls 54 high-speed trains
- Vehicle parts firms on acquisition road
- Alibaba.com sees profits rise