Li Yanfeng wins China's first world title in discus throw
Updated: 2011-08-28 20:10
Li Yanfeng of China celebrates after winning gold in the women's discus throw final at the IAAF World Championships in Daegu, August 28, 2011. [Photo/Agencies]
DAEGU, South Korea - Chinese vetern Li Yanfeng maintained her great form of the season, earning the first world title on Sunday with 66.52 meters in the women's discus throw.
- World Trade Center rises from ground zero
- Home prices fall in major cities
- Team head resigns over HIV+ organ transplants
- Report: Charity accounting 'out of control'
- Crime expert defends her suicide comments
- New system will cut Beijing's energy use
- Xinjiang to lead nation's new opening-up drive
- Spacecraft Tiangong launch delayed