Number of passenger trips during holiday rush expected to double
Share - WeChat
Nearly double the number of passenger trips are expected to be made during this year's Spring Festival travel rush compared with last year, a transportation official said.
About 2 billion passenger trips are expected to be made during the upcoming holiday rush, Vice-Minister of Transport Xu Chengguang said at a news conference on Friday.
The volume of passenger trips will see a year-on-year increase of 99.5 percent, roughly 70.3 percent of the volume in 2019.
Prior to the COVID-19 epidemic in 2019, 2.98 billion passenger trips were made during the travel rush.
This year's 40-day travel rush will start on Jan 7 and end on Feb 15.
- Kunming Dry Port train further enhances regional connectivity
- 144 people listed as missing in Tai Po fire now confirmed safe: HKSAR gov't
- 150 still missing in Hong Kong residential complex fire
- No remains found after search of two fire-hit residential buildings: Hong Kong police
- Funds raised and government grants to fire in Tai Po reach 1.1 bln HKD: HKSAR gov't
- Teochew International Convention opens in Guangdong's Chaozhou































