Global EditionASIA 中文双语Français
China
Home / China / Latest

36 new coronavirus cases on mainland; all imported except one

By Wang Keju | chinadaily.com.cn | Updated: 2020-04-01 14:17
People wear face masks near a bus stop on a street in Beijing, on March 30, 2020. [Photo/Agencies]

A total of 36 new confirmed cases of coronavirus infections and seven deaths were reported on Tuesday on the Chinese mainland, bringing the two numbers up to 81,439 and 3,300 respectively, the commission said.

With only one locally transmitted case in Guangdong province, the rest of the infections were all imported cases, bringing the tally to 806 as of Tuesday midnight, said the commission on Wednesday.

Of the 806 imported cases, 691 patients were still being treated, including 20 severe cases, while 115 patients had been discharged from hospitals after recovery by the end of Tuesday, with no deaths reported.

With another 26 new suspected cases reported Tuesday, a total of 172 people are still suspected of being infected with the virus, it added.

Also on Tuesday, 186 people were discharged from hospitals after recovery, while the number of severe cases decreased by 62 to 466. A total of 76,238 people had been discharged from hospitals after recovery as of Tuesday midnight.

Health authorities on the mainland have traced 707,913 people with close contact with patients, adding that among them, 1,418 were discharged from medical observation Tuesday, with 20,314 others still under medical observation.

The Chinese mainland also reported 130 new asymptomatic cases on Tuesday, along with 302 discharged from medical observation. So far, a total of 1,367 asymptomatic patients infected with the virus have been put under medical observation, according to the commission.

By the end of Tuesday, 714 confirmed cases including four deaths had been reported in Hong Kong, 41 confirmed cases in Macao, and 322 in Taiwan including five deaths. And 128 patients in Hong Kong, 10 in Macao and 39 in Taiwan have been discharged from hospitals after recovery.

Hubei province, the hardest-hit region on the Chinese mainland, reported one imported case and saw six new fatalities on Tuesday. The latest report brought the number of total confirmed cases in the province to 67,802 and total deaths to 3,193.

The province also saw 173 patients discharged from hospitals after recovery on Tuesday, bringing the total number of discharged patients in the province to 63,326, it said, adding that Hubei had zero suspected cases as of Tuesday midnight.

Top
BACK TO THE TOP
English
Copyright 1995 - . All rights reserved. The content (including but not limited to text, photo, multimedia information, etc) published in this site belongs to China Daily Information Co (CDIC). Without written authorization from CDIC, such content shall not be republished or used in any form. Note: Browsers with 1024*768 or higher resolution are suggested for this site.
License for publishing multimedia online 0108263

Registration Number: 130349
FOLLOW US