China's advanced satellite operating soundly
Updated: 2012-03-01 09:47
BEIJING - China's first high-resolution remote sensing satellite ZY-1-02C has carried out orbit tests, and images delivered from it reach international levels, China Center for Resources Satellite Data and Application said Wednesday.
The ZY-1-02C, which was launched on December 22 last year, is the first customized land resources satellite for Chinese clients, the center said.
With two high-resolution color cameras and one multi-spectral camera, the satellite will provide clients with images for disaster relief services, agriculture development, environmental monitoring and other applications.
- China adopts new rules to combat pollution
- Charities open to religious groups
- Japan told to stop unilateral surveys
- DPRK to suspend nuclear activities
- China urges Japan to stop East China Sea research
- Chinese woman shot dead in Pakistan
- Monitoring of PM2.5 to be extended
- 17 Killed in N China factory blast