Officials visit man jailed in ROK
Updated: 2012-01-11 22:09
BEIJING - Chinese Foreign Ministry Spokesman Liu Weimin said on Wednesday that China is further checking on the situation of a Chinese being held in custody in the Republic of Korea (ROK).
Liu made the remarks at the ministry's daily press briefing in response to questions concerning the Chinese man who was held in custody for throwing Molotov cocktails at the Japanese Embassy in Seoul.
Liu said personnel from the Chinese Embassy in the ROK have visited the man.
"China will keep communication with the ROK side through diplomatic and consulate channels," he said.
- Wen looks at the big picture of Sino-US co-op
- FM warns on exploiting Tibet issues
- Iranian nuke scientist killed in blast
- Weibo gets world talking with China
- 1m affected by drought in E China
- Officials visit man jailed in ROK
- Wen urges US to respect China's core interests
- China refutes colonialism claims