China's imports, exports exceed $3t
Updated: 2011-11-03 20:38
BEIJING - China's imports and exports reached a record high of more than $3 trillion as of November 2, according to preliminary calculations, the General Administration of Customs (GAC) said on Thursday.
Despite global economic uncertainties, the country's foreign trade maintained steady growth this year, the GAC said in a brief statement on its website.
China's imports and exports exceeded the symbolic $1 trillion mark and $2 trillion mark in 2004 and 2007, respectively, according to the statement.
- Hu urges efforts to promote financial stability
- More grassroots delegates for CPC
- Concerns over social security scheme
- China urges support for Afghanistan
- Greek PM under pressure to quit
- China to build manned space station around 2020
- Hu attends G20 summit in Cannes
- China's imports, exports exceed $3t