Landslide buries 7 in NW China's Xinjiang
Updated: 2011-09-09 14:42
URUMQI - A landslide buried seven people Friday in Northwest China's Xinjiang Uyghur autonomous region, according to the local government.
The incident occurred at around 2:00 am in an ore zone in Xinyuan County, trapping 11 workers, among whom four managed to escape, local officials said.
The landslide has not yet ceased, hampering ongoing rescue efforts, rescuers said.
An investigation is underway.
- China's inflation eases to 6.2% in August
- Wen vows to beef up rural education
- US faces 'credible 9/11 threat'
- China to boost outbound investment
- Ministry: China to further facilitate investment
- State Council demands spill probe
- Little role of NATO in anti-terrorism
- Internet major source of rumors: poll