The second phase of the sixth round of the six-party talks on the Korean Peninsula nuclear issue would recess for two days to wait for the approval for a joint document by the respective governments of the six delegations.
Head of the Chinese delegation to the talks Wu Dawei announced the recess Sunday afternoon in a statement after a meeting of heads of the six delegations, namely China, the Democratic People's Republic of Korea (DPRK), the United States, the Republic of Korea (ROK), Russia and Japan.
Wu, vice foreign minister and chairman of the current talks, said the reason for the two-day recess was that a joint document had been drawn out and still needed the approval of the governments of the six delegations.
Efforts would be made to publish the document as soon as possible, Wu noted.
The current phase of the talks was aimed at making the second phase action plan to implement the September 19 agreement, which includes commitments of the DPRK's declaration of its nuclear programs and disablement of its nuclear facilities and the other parties' aid to the DPRK.
Russian top negotiator Alexander Losyukov said after attending Sunday afternoon's meeting "the statement will include many important issues".
He said, "the joint statement drawn out by all delegations is very comprehensive... It includes the substantive measures to be taken in the following actions."
Since the measures were considered highly important, some delegations would have to report them to their governments, so the statement was not ready to be published, Losyukov said.