Apple CEO eyes growth in third and fourth-tier citiesUpdated: 2014-01-15 13:31
Apple will reach more customers in third and fourth-tier cities after December's deal with China Mobile, Apple CEO Tim Cook told China Daily on Wednesday.
Both Apple and China Mobile have a large customer base that "will never leave", said the Apple CEO, adding the deal will see both companies enjoying the benefits of an increasing number of satisfied customers.
Xi Guohua, chairman of China Mobile, saw the Apple-China Mobile partnership as a marriage that was the natural outcome of a blossoming six-year courtship. Cook also indicated that the company will not just focus on quantity, but rather quality, in the highly anticipated partnership.
"Apple's strategy to provide customers with best products will not be changed. Apple will not sell the most, but will create the best products," he said.
The first iPhones bearing a China Mobile contract will be sold on Friday.
Xi said more than 1 million iPhones have been booked during preorders. He did not specify preorder amounts of iPhone 5S and 5C models.
|China Mobile to debut 4G service||New Apple store opens in Beijing|
- Toyota FT-1 concept car debut at Detroit auto show
- Chrysler 200c unveiled aut Detroit auto show
- E-cigarettes to make inroads into tobacco market
- Big wigs discuss Asia's market at AFF
- Concept cars at North American Auto Show
- Shopping around the world
- New Apple store opens in Beijing
- Check out cool new gadgets from CES 2014