Business / Companies

ChinaHR invests 30m euros in Chinese operations

(Xinhua) Updated: 2014-06-24 14:53

DUBLIN - ChinaHR, an Irish-owned jobs recruitment company, on Monday announced the investment of 30 million euros in its Chinese operations.

The Irish Times, one of the largest newspapers in Ireland, reported that the company, which is the largest Irish-owned employer in China, will invest in the further development of its multi-platform Internet capability.

ChinaHR invests 30m euros in Chinese operations job site gets ready for IPO
ChinaHR invests 30m euros in Chinese operations
 Internet recruiter aims for base of millions 
The newspaper said the adoption of mobile phones in China further underpins the opportunity in the market for ChinaHR to provide enhanced mobile recruitment solutions.

There is mobile penetration of 93 percent with smart phones accounting for over 50 percent of China's mobile sector, the newspaper added.

"We see a great opportunity in the market based on a combination of Internet use and mobile phone penetration," Andrew North, CEO of ChinaHR, was quoted as saying.

The company has now invested about 100 million euros in China since it entered the market there in 2006.

ChinaHR, the Denis O'Brien and Leslie Buckley owned firm, is a fast growing Asia-focused recruitment company and is mulling over plans to float in Hong Kong.

O'Brien owns 75 percent of the recruiter with Buckley owning the remaining 25 percent.

The company, which employs 2,600 staff in 26 cities across China, made the announcement at the start of an Irish trade mission to China led by Minister for Jobs, Enterprise and Innovation Richard Bruton.

Hot Topics

Editor's Picks