China may become EU's biggest market
Updated: 2012-02-06 15:54
By Yu Hongyan (chinadaily.com.cn)
China may overtake the US to become the European Union's biggest exports destination this year, the EU ambassador to China said on Monday.
Markus Ederer said at a press conference in Beijing that the conclusion was based on the current trade trends. EU is the biggest importer of Chinese goods as well as China's biggest technology supplier, he said.
Ederer stressed that the EU had set no barriers for Chinese investment in the market and treats all companies equally.
The EU welcomes China's investment and the country's "constructive approach" towards the EU debt crisis, Ederer said, commenting on German Chancellor Angela Merkel's visit to China.He also added that the European Commission's review of public procurement rules is not aimed at China, and there is no timeline for the issue.
China willing to aid bailout: EU leaders 2012-01-28 07:19
Opportunity knocks for EU and China 2011-10-11 08:06
FM: China opposes EU aviation emissions plan 2011-09-28 20:50
China surpasses US as EU's top trade partner: MOC 2011-10-16 16:46
- China may become EU's biggest market
- Funding guaranteed for affordable housing
- CNPC operates 16m cubic metre fuel storage
- City to relocate smelting plants after toxic spill
- Central Huijin plans for banks to cut dividend ratios
- China bans airlines into EU carbon scheme
- Work safety highlighted before leadership transition
- Water diversion project to be operational in '13