Funding guaranteed for affordable housing
Updated: 2012-02-06 14:40
By Wei Tian (chinadaily.com.cn)
BEIJING - The Ministry of Finance on Monday released a series of measures in an effort to guarantee funding for affordable housing projects in 2012.
To broaden the source of funding, income of bonds issued by local government, as well as pilot property taxes, was urged to be focused towards affordable housing projects, the ministry said.
Local governments are encouraged to make appropriate arrangements in their fiscal budget to support renovation of shantytowns, and allocate funds to improve the supporting facilities around affordable housing communities.
Such projects will also receive discount on loans from commercial banks, with a degree of 2 percentage points, and a maximum period of 15 years, the ministry said.
There will be 7 million units of affordable housing starting construction in 2012, and another 4 million to see completion. The 2012 target is much lower than the 2011 goal of 10 million units.
Beijing to unlock affordable homes 2011-01-20 17:34
State Council presses on affordable housing 2011-07-14 15:57
China uncovers misuse of affordable housing program 2011-06-27 14:50
New channels mulled to fund affordable housing 2011-06-15 14:04
- Funding guaranteed for affordable housing
- CNPC operates 16m cubic metre fuel storage
- City to relocate smelting plants after toxic spill
- Central Huijin plans for banks to cut dividend ratios
- China bans airlines into EU carbon scheme
- Work safety highlighted before leadership transition
- Water diversion project to be operational in '13
- Vanke Jan home sales tumble 40%