Reports of J-10B jet crash untrue: Air force
Updated: 2011-10-10 10:22
A J-10B fighter jet is pictured in this file photo.
Recent reports that a Chinese J-10B fighter jet crashed during a trial flight in northern Shaanxi province have been widely spread on the Internet, but Chinese air force officials say it is ‘fake news’, reported China News Service on Sunday.
The alleged rumor, first published by a blogger in Beijing, attracted broad media attention before being denied by air force officials.
The State Internet Information Office has ordered that the website and individual that first published the ‘fake news’ be punished according to law, said Chinese air force officials.
- Killers of 13 abducted Chinese sailors identified
- Two US economists win Nobel prize
- Affordable housing near for China
- Mass migration, major problems
- 13 Chinese sailors killed on Mekong
- Attack in Mekong kills 11 Chinese
- China celebrates centenary of 1911 Revolution
- Stricter rules over banking products