2 monks rescued in self-immolation attempt in SW China
Updated: 2011-09-26 19:28
CHENGDU - Two monks were rescued from a self-immolation attempt Monday in Southwest China's Sichuan province, local authorities said.
The two monks were rescued by police shortly after setting themselves on fire at about 11:22 am in Aba county in Aba Tibetan-Qiang autonomous prefecture and received timely medical treatment, the county government said in a statement.
The two suffered slight burns and were in stable condition, doctors said.
The suicide attempt is under further investigation.
- Last-minute preparations for spacecraft launch
- Europe warned over its debt crisis
- Police sorry over case of sex slaves
- Saudi king gives women right to vote
- Forecasts signal late-week launch of Tiangong-1
- 57 officials punished for demolitions
- Palestine seeks full UN membership
- China to boost green investment