Hong Kong to set out its 1st five-year plan, says HKSAR chief executive
HONG KONG -- Hong Kong will draft its first five-year development blueprint as part of efforts to better align with the national 15th Five-Year Plan (2026-30), John Lee, chief executive of China's Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (HKSAR), said on Wednesday.
Lee said he will lead the HKSAR government, including all bureaus and departments, in formulating the plan, as this year marks the start of the country's 15th Five-Year Plan.
Hong Kong's economy is expected to expand 3.5 percent year on year in 2025, with the value of exports and imports of goods surging by 12 percent respectively, Lee said.
Meanwhile, the financial hub last year has also maintained its status as the world's freest economy and saw its global competitiveness ranking rise to third place.
Lee said that these achievements have underscored Hong Kong's strengths in connecting the mainland and the world under the "one country, two systems" policy, pledging that the HKSAR government will work with all sectors to proactively integrate into national development strategies and deepen international cooperation in the new year.
- Xi's governance philosophy inspires worldwide pursuit of modernization
- Cross-Strait businesses sign deals in Xiamen to expand cooperation
- Xizang inaugurates archaeological site parks
- China's world natural heritage sites see sustained conservation improvement
- Former vice-president of PICC Yu Xiaoping under investigation
- Chinese weight-loss drug offers new hope to patients with diabetes and obesity































