Sichuan landslide confirms first death
One of the five previously reported missing individuals has been confirmed dead as of 6 pm on Wednesday after a mountain landslide hit a village early Wednesday morning in Xuyong county of Luzhou, Sichuan province, the local emergency management bureau said.
Debris from the landslide buried a residential house and its occupants in Shizhuang village of Zhengdong township, according to a post on the official WeChat account of Luzhou's emergency management bureau.
More than 400 rescuers, including firefighters, emergency response teams, armed police, and militia, were mobilized for rescue operations.
Five observation posts equipped with six sets of monitoring systems were set up for real-time monitoring of the landslide area, the bureau said.
Search and rescue efforts are still underway.
- Xi's governance philosophy inspires worldwide pursuit of modernization
- Cross-Strait businesses sign deals in Xiamen to expand cooperation
- Xizang inaugurates archaeological site parks
- China's world natural heritage sites see sustained conservation improvement
- Former vice-president of PICC Yu Xiaoping under investigation
- Chinese weight-loss drug offers new hope to patients with diabetes and obesity































