Most flooded roads in Hebei back to normal
Most flooded roads in Hebei province have resumed to normal operations after the province's transport authorities made repairs earlier this month.
Most places in the province were lashed by heavy rain from July 27 to August 2, and some, including Zhuozhou, Xingtai and Baoding, were flooded.
Traffic on more than 2,400 roads was suspended because of flood damage, including collapses, landslides and mudslides.
As of Monday, nearly all roads had resumed normal operation, according to the Hebei Department of Transportation.
About 60,000 personnel in the transportation system were dispatched to help repair blocked roads, together with equipment for maintenance and future detection, the department said.
In the post-disaster period, some roads in mountainous areas that were prone to geological disasters, as well sections along rivers with serious erosion, will be reconstructed to avoid similar disasters in the future. Some others will be improved.
- China targets average life expectancy of 80 by 2030 in new five-year health plan
- Instant tax refunds redouble shopping fun in Shandong
- Meet global influencers at Bilibili World
- China’s railway passenger trips reach record high in first half of 2026
- China’s grassland recovery reaches historic milestone, forestry authority says
- China handles one-third of global seaborne trade in 2025































