Canteen in Guangzhou shut down after student finds mystery item in food
A canteen at a vocational school in Zengcheng district of Guangzhou, the capital of Guangdong province, has been ordered to close operation, after an unidentified object was found in food, according to the local market supervision authorities on Tuesday.
In a Weibo message posted on Tuesday, the market supervision authority of Guangzhou said an investigation had been launched immediately, following media exposure of the food scandal.
The unknown object, claimed by a student diner to be an unused plastic object, has been properly sealed and handed over to a third-party organization for testing, the authority said.
According to local media reports, a student currently receiving training at the school, affiliated with a local science and education investment company, found an unknown object in their food when dining at the school's canteen on Monday.
The object was later identified as an eyeball membrane of a duck, after an investigation conducted by the company itself. But students refused to accept the investigation result.
- China grants 453,000 invention patents in the first half of this year
- Chinese astronomers find pulsar with three coexisting emission variations
- China aims to bring quality TCM services within 15-minute reach
- China strengthens student safety net by expanding financial aid
- Yunnan postman helps bridge remote mountain villages
- Tributes pour in for Japanese author































