Macao reports 4 new COVID-19 cases, mass testing results all negative
MACAO - China's Macao Special Administrative Region (SAR) reported four new COVID-19 cases on Tuesday, bringing the total number of confirmed cases in the SAR to 71, according to the Novel Coronavirus Response and Coordination Center of Macao.
The results of the mass testing, including nearly 700,000 samples, have all came out negative, the center said.
The four cases, three of whom working as security guards for a local hotel and one as security guard for another hotel who shares the same locker room, were linked to an imported case last week.
They tested positive after the health authorities required the staff of the hotels to go through testing following the confirmed imported case and related cases.
The imported case, a 31-year-old Macao resident who returned from Turkey via Singapore on Sept 18, was put under quarantine at one of the hotels, the center said.
Prior to Tuesday, two security guards working for the quarantine hotel had tested positive for COVID-19.
- 500 Russian tourists join panda birthday celebration in Hainan
- Lost painted sculptures donated by Taiwan group go on display in Shanxi
- 10,000 young inventors gather in Henan for ICC finals
- Shanghai Disneyland's Spider-Man-themed land marks a milestone
- Fudan University's wisdom contributes to the new environmental code
- China launches new satellite




























