Chinese mainland reports 124 new locally transmitted COVID-19 cases
BEIJING -- The Chinese mainland on Wednesday reported 138 newly confirmed COVID-19 cases, of whom 124 were locally transmitted and the rest arrived from outside the mainland, the National Health Commission said Thursday.
Of the locally transmitted cases, 81 were reported in North China's Hebei province and 43 in Northeast China's Heilongjiang province, the commission said in its daily report.
One death related to the disease was reported in Hebei on Wednesday, with no new suspected cases reported.
The Chinese mainland reported 14 new imported COVID-19 cases Wednesday, bringing the total number of imported cases to 4,465.
Eight new imported cases were reported in Shanghai, three in Guangdong, and one each in Beijing, Henan and Guangxi, the National Health Commission said in its daily report Thursday.
Among all the imported cases, 4,181 had been discharged from hospitals after recovery while 284 remained hospitalized, the commission said.
No deaths had been reported among the imported cases.
Thirty-six COVID-19 patients were newly discharged from hospitals after recovery on the Chinese mainland Wednesday, the National Health Commission said.
There were 885 confirmed cases still being treated, including 24 in severe conditions, the report showed.
As of Wednesday, the Chinese mainland had reported a total of 87,844 confirmed COVID-19 cases, of whom 82,324 had been discharged from hospitals after recovery and 4,635 died of the disease.
- Teochew International Convention opens in Guangdong's Chaozhou
- China establishes new regulator to boost private space industry
- China orders nationwide fire safety checks after deadly Hong Kong blaze
- China bolsters law enforcement and military patrols around Huangyan Island
- Scottish visitor experiences Foshan's kung fu heritage
- History of traditional Chinese medicine on display at Shanghai museum































