12 rescued, 1 missing after shipping accident in South China
Share - WeChat
GUANGZHOU -- Twelve people have been rescued and one remains missing after a fishing-vessel accident in South China's Guangdong province Saturday, local authorities said.
The municipal government of Jiangmen said they received a distress call in the early hours of Saturday morning from a fishing boat off the coast of Taishan. The ship reported that it was taking on water and tilting to one side, with contact lost soon afterward.
The government immediately launched a search operation and mobilized commercial and fishing vehicles in the proximity to assist. As of 9 am, 12 members of the boat's crew had been rescued, but rescuers were still searching for one missing person.
- Macao unveils its third five-year plan
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University explores latest maritime practices at IMO HQ
- AI system monitors endangered Yangtze finless porpoises
- Seminar on Xinjiang's human rights progress held in Urumqi
- Body of former Chinese premier Zhu Rongji cremated in Beijing
- China highlights AI-related content in crackdown on online rumors targeting businesses





























