China vows to guard major cities, ports against cross-border virus spread
BEIJING -- China will step up epidemic prevention and control measures in major cities and at key ports, resolutely guarding against the cross-border spread of coronavirus, a health official said Monday.
Noting that the number of imported COVID-19 cases has continued to decline in the past week, Mi Feng, spokesman for the National Health Commission, said the risk of virus transmission through land borders is still on the rise.
He pointed out that there had been clustered infections caused by local infections resulting from imported cases.
Mi said testing capabilities will be enhanced and medical treatment will be strengthened at major cities and key ports, with loopholes in epidemic control fixed.
He also called on the public to strengthen personal protection to prevent the spread of the virus.
- Tearful reunion for old friends who planted a forest
- AI empowerment training program boosts Sino-Uzbek educational cooperation
- Maowusu forest planters reunite after quarter-of-a-century
- First ship sails new cruise route between Guangzhou, Shenzhen
- Shanghai announces plans for urban renewal projects
- Global youth explore HK-Zhuhai-Macao Bridge on boat tour






























