Most regions of China at low-risk of COVID-19: official
BEIJING — Most regions of China are now at low-risk of the novel coronavirus disease (COVID-19) as the country is taking effective measures in prevention and control, a Chinese health official said Sunday.
Among all the 46 new confirmed cases reported on Saturday, 45 were imported COVID-19 cases and one was a domestically transmitted infection from imported cases in Southern China's Guangdong province, Mi Feng, an official with the National Health Commission (NHC) said at a press conference in Beijing.
Before that, zero indigenous COVID-19 infections had been reported for three consecutive days across the Chinese mainland.
As of Saturday, Wuhan, once the epicenter of the epidemic, had marked its fourth day in a row of zero reports of domestic infections, and other regions in the hard-hit Hubei Province outside Wuhan had not seen new indigenous COVID-19 cases for consecutive 17 days, according to NHC's daily report.
- Local tea farmer guards Wuyishan National Park as part-time forest ranger in Fujian
- Xi on China-Russia cooperation
- Chinese vice-premier calls for accelerating national integrated computing network to empower high-quality development
- Earthquake shakes Guangxi city
- China hits new milestone in space solar power project
- Flooding left 3 dead, 4 missing in Central China village
































