Qinghai Winter Yellow River Crossing Challenge upgraded
Updated: 2011-12-02 20:53
XINING- The 2012 Qinghai Winter Yellow River Crossing Challenge will become an international race, said organizers on Friday.
The race will become the fourth international race held in China's northwest Qinghai Province after Tour de Qinghai Lake, Rock Climbing World Cup and Qinghai International Yellow River Crossing Challenge.
Qinghai International Yellow River Crossing Challenge has been held annually in summer for 7 years, attracting about 400 domestic and foreign swimmers.
In February, Qinghai Province successfully held the first Winter Yellow River Crossing Challenge in Guide County, Hainan Tibetan Autonomous Prefecture. In October, the State General Sports Administration approved it to upgrade to an international competition.
The Challenge, to be held from January 6 to 7, will feature swimmers from five countries and regions.
- Collective wage talks promoted
- China's Nov CPI up 4.2%, PPI up 2.7%
- China: No colonial designs on Africa
- Travel rush to start on Jan 8
- 40 years of Ping-Pong Diplomacy
- US turns to WTO on poultry spat with China
- China warns against cancer-fighting medication
- NATO missile defense to 'move forward': Clinton