Chicken farm success story
Updated: 2011-09-09 13:15
By Lu Yanyu (chinadaily.com.cn)
Zhu Yun, who became famous for being fired from her job at the local tax office in Guizhou province, is now famous for her success in raising chickens in Huahongping village of Weining county, Southwest China's Guizhou province, Xinhua.com reports.
Zhu Yun raises her chickens at home. [Photo/Xinhua]
After being fired from her post in 2004, Zhu Yun embarked on a five-year petitioning trip.
During that period, the president of the county women's federation and county leaders visited her often and recommended she take a training course in March 2010.
In the class, Zhu learned new skills and was inspired by the no interest loan program for women, which led her to consider starting her own business.
Following market needs, Zhu took her initial loan of 50,000 yuan ($7,829) and devoted herself to raising chickens.
Now her business is booming.
Zhu Yun says, "If everything goes smoothly, I will pay back the entire loan by the end of next year."
- China's inflation eases to 6.2% in August
- China to boost outbound investment
- Foreign brands accused of cheating
- Singer apologizes for son's attack
- Ministry: China to further facilitate investment
- State Council demands spill probe
- Little role of NATO in anti-terrorism
- Internet major source of rumors: poll