70% Chinese men have intimate female friends
Updated: 2012-02-13 16:15
As many as 70 percent of Chinese men have intimate female friends, Yangtze Evening News reported.
Among all the provinces, Sichuan tops the list as 74 percent of men have close female friends.
Despite their toughness, men have a need to confide their feelings, the paper said, quoting Gong Haiyan, the head of Jiayuan.com, the website that conducted the survey and also China's leading online dating site.
At the same time, more than 60 percent of women said they have close male friends.
The survey also said women tend to be more jealous of the intimate friends of their spouses.
It could revive the spirit of marriage 2011-08-22 07:39
Call the marriage doctor 2011-06-27 07:52
Mixed marriages, with more acceptance 2011-05-29 08:00
- US town ready to welcome return of special guest
- State firms need private investment
- Newspaper lashes out at 'falsehoods'
- Villiagers elect representatives
- Envoy: VP visit will boost Sino-US relations
- ROK ship detained over toxic spill
- China to loan two pandas to Canada
- US pop queen Whitney Houston dies